Friday, January 23, 2015

Travellin' the East Coast

This past weekend, I journeyed out to Nova Scotia to visit some of my best friends in university. Between me and all of my closest high school friends, they all ventured off to different provinces to continue their schooling and left me back home in Moncton, NB. Being a college student, I can only gather enough time and money to visit every now and then so with this said; I was so unbelievably excited for school to end on Thursday and start my little adventure! 

Maritime Bus Terminal, waiting for the transfer bus

Friday morning I arrived bright and early for my morning departure with Maritime bus with my suit case filled with clothing and food, quite possibly a little bit of my special apple juice to prepare for a perfect weekend. 

Il Dolce, Wolfvilles NS

After my 7 hour bus ride, I had finally arrived in Wolfville! My friends and I started off my visit with some food and a coffee date at Il Dolce, which is by far the BEST place for hot beverages known to mankind (in my opinion even better than Starbucks) I had a Cafe Mocha with whipped cream and was served to us while we seated in the comfiest red chairs in their seating area.


Throughout the weekend, my friends showed me around the Acadia campus and around Wolfville. It is a very small town with lots of beauty and unique boutiques and bars! Without a doubt, there is all kinds of parties to be found and plenty of university students at every turn. We spent most of our time sitting in cafe's talking for hours and catching up on all the time we've missed.

If ever given the opportunity, I would most definitely return for another round of coffee at Il Dolce and Crepe desserts from The Naked Crepe! I can only hope they will make their way to Moncton sometime in the near future.


Though my visit was short, I loved every minute of it, even the 7 hour bus rides! Something about a group of people on a bus to different destinations that reminds me that there are people out there that find happiness and peace while travelling as much as me, even if it means sitting on a bus looking out the window reading a book for so long.


If there is one main thing i can take from this trip it is the ladies working at the Dartmouth bus terminal in Halifax. My whole life I've heard of how polite and nice Canadians are, but it really shows all throughout the east coast in all of my travel experiences! These ladies specifically were incredibly polite and gave the best customer service around making it more pleasurable to travel!


No comments:

Post a Comment